2013 Annual Meeting
The Midwest Archives Conference will be held in Indianapolis from Thursday, April 18th to Saturday, April 20, 2013. SIA will be a sponsor, therefor a traditional, full day annual meeting will not occur. We will have a brief annual business meeting and reception on Thursday, April 18, 2013, beginning at 5:15 pm in the Indiana State Library. Our primary business is election of new officers, and approval of minutes and financial reports.
2013 is the 40th anniversary of SIA's annual meeting. To celebrate, cakes will be provided for the MAC reception and the SIA meeting, as well as door prizes!
Please note that if you cannot attend MAC, you can still attend the SIA meeting.
To RSVP for the SIA annual meeting, please visit our form.
2013 Krasean Student Scholarship
The Society of Indiana Archivists will award the Krasean Student Scholarship to attend the 2013 Midwest Archives Conference annual meeting. The scholarship will consist of $150.00 to cover the expenses associated with attending the SIA annual meeting and Midwest Archives Conference; and registration fee (early-bird student rate of $45.00). If the recipient has already paid registration fees, they will be reimbursed.
Application Deadline: Monday, March 11, 2013
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicants must be a member of the Society of Indiana Archivists
- A graduate student enrolled in Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) Program or Master of Arts (MA) in History or Museum Studies or a related graduate program OR be a recent graduate from these programs
- Recipient must be able to attend the award reception at 5:00 pm on April 18, 2013
To apply: Write a statement of interest stating why you want to attend the annual meeting and how it will benefit you. Include in your statement a brief outline of your archival education and work history, and a description of your long-term professional goals. Please include your contact information (name, mailing address, phone, and e-mail address) and contact information for your institution or employer. Statements should be limited to 200-400 words.
Additionally, the recipient is expected to write a brief (150-300 word) statement about their experience of attending the meeting that will be published in the SIA Newsletter.
Please direct any questions to Lisa Cruces-Welty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The award recipient will be announced on Wednesday, March 13, 2013.
- Please submit applications via email to:
- Michael Vetman: email@example.com
- Lisa Cuces-Welty: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ellen L. Summers: email@example.com
2013 Krasean Student Scholarship Award Winners